Items to bring: (All items must be marked with the student’s name)
- Bible, translation readable to student – New King James is great
- School supplies (paper, pens, notebooks etc.)
- Water bottle for drinking
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Two sets of twin sheets and pillowcases
- One or two blankets (Bedspreads are provided)
- A few dresser top items or pictures to personalize space
- Laundry bag or hamper
- Clothes hangers
- Two towels, washcloths
- Mattress pad
Do not bring:
- Skateboards, skis, snowboards, sleds, bicycles, rafts, tents or any other bulky sports equipment (skates, ball glove, basketball etc. may be allowed at staff’s discretion)
- Playing cards, ouija boards, tarot cards, dice, or any other form of entertainment linked to gambling or the occult.
- Any kind of medication unless prescription (all medication is kept by the deans and is distributed as required.)
- Items of sentimental value that cannot be replaced if broken or stolen.
- Radios, stereos, TV’s tape and CD players of any type.
- Weapons of any type, including pocket knives, BB or air guns.
- Jewelry of any type including fake cold teeth.
- Eye liner, eye shadow
- Unnatural colors in mascara, base and blush (lipstick must be applied to look natural, not artificial.
- Posters, pictures and décor reflecting values not compatible with Christianity
- Any kinds of magazines or books, questionable material
- CD’s and tapes with music must be donated to the school. Students cannot own and keep music media.
If a student insists upon bringing forbidden items, parents should not make an issue of it. Simply alert the staff of the items upon arrival on campus. The staff will take care of it from there.
Uniforms are provided for virtually all events at Miracle Meadows. Uniforms are provided for school, work education, and church. The learning program hat MMS is designed to minimize the distraction of style and clothing. Parents should bring a minimum of clothing and it is not wise to bring expensive clothes to MMS since there is a chance that, being in the country, the clothing may get damaged.
Weather appropriate outerwear and shoes or boots are essential. Salem has mud when it’s wet and it usually rains once a week. Salem has four seasons. During winter, the temperature can drop to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. In the summer, the temperatures can be in the high 90’s.
In addition to uniforms, which MMS will purchase, the student should bring:
- 7 sets of underwear, socks and undershirts
- 1 pair of dress shoes
- 1 pair of gym shoes
- 1 pair of work shoes (old sneakers)
- 1 pair of work boots (for working in the mud)
- Casual clothes for wearing around the dorm. Acceptable casual items are jeans, shorts, sweats, T-shirts and sweatshirts. One or two pairs of each should suffice.
- Swimming trunks
- Jacket or coat for weather (gloves, hat, etc.)
- BOYS: Swimming trunks with at least 3” leg
- GIRLS: One piece swimsuit with no high cut leg or large sections cut out. Breast area is to be completely covered in all positions. Long, colored T-shirts or shorts can be worn over swimwear.
Guidelines for all clothing:
- All clothing must be labeled with name or initials.
- All shorts are to have at least 4’ from the inseam to the leg hem and cover the upper thigh area in all positions.
- Jeans, slack, and shorts are to fit loosely so as to have at least an inch of extra fabric around the hips and thighs, but not more than 2’ larger than the waist. Baggy pants that hang on the buttocks are not acceptable at MMS.
- Thin clingy, knitted material such as spandex is questionable for pants and shorts and, if possible avoided.
- Tops on girls must completely cover the breast area in all positions.
- NO tank tops
- NO sleeveless tops for girls
- NO tight tops nor excessively baggy tops.